22 March 2013

My Pregnancy Book Partners

My first-born Echo, was delivered last 2011. From the day I knew I was pregnant, a lot of questions lingered in my mind. What do I need to keep my body strong for my little baby growing inside of me? What should I eat? What vitamins to take? Etc. I think majority of the mothers will agree with me that no woman is ever ready for child-bearing. The arrival of my little girl last January 5 of this year was a surprise as well. We may be emotionally, financially and spiritually ready but no one is ready for that physical changes and challenges. That is why as a book worm, I decided to turn to various reading materials. These are some of may favorite reading materials when I was still pregnant:


1. What To Expect When You're Expecting. This book was written by Heidi Murkoff. Honestly, I was not able to read this book during my first pregnancy. I read a summarized type of book when I was still pregnant with Echo (which I will discuss later).

This book is a complete guide of that 40 weeks of your pregnancy. It discussed about what you will possibly encounter, feel and experience during those 40 weeks to include the fainting and vomiting spells and how to cope with it. 

Likewise, this book answered most of the common and peculiar questions at the same time of an infanticipating woman. Personally, I made this book as my "infanticipating bible" the first day I knew that I was again pregnant with my little Alfa. Oh, I almost forgot! This book was first introduced to me by my good friend Mommy Glaiza of Moomy Musings. That's the good thing about having book worm friends circle.
This book almost costs Eight Hundred Pesos (Php 800.00) to a thousand box when bought in leading bookstores. But since I'm a money-wise book worm and mommy, I was able to buy a copy of it at Two Hundred Sixteen Pesos (Php 216.00) only.

2. Pregnancy and Childcare. This book was written by Dr Jenny King, a clinical psychologist. This was the book I read when I was still conceiving my firstborn Echo. It all talked about Pregnancy, labor and birth, infant care, parenting and right and wrong in child discipline. Those topics were summarized in about 103 pages only.
This book was only given to me by my former boss and upperclass LT XYLEE C PACULBA PN. She even gave me a letter with it saying:

"My Dear,
     "Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain--your life will never be the same."
     You will be carrying that baby inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart until your last breath. So always give your best to nurture that baby now who is still inside you. As of now, the best you can do is to take care of yourself. I'm both happy and worried with your pregnancy knowing how toxic our work is...but then nothing could ever level up with the joy the baby brings in a woman's life.
     God Bless! Congrats!
                                                                                                                          XyeCP

The book may be that summarized but its content and the message of the one who gave it to me is immeasurable. This book is also available in leading book stores. The next books I have here, which I will also share to you (in another blog post) are all about child rearing. So watch out for it mommies and daddies!

2 comments:

  1. A must read mare for all moms. Try watching the movie with the same title, so funny! :)

    ReplyDelete

Chikita