08 April 2012

Sinigang na Ulo ng Maya-Maya

  My family do not actually commemorate Holy Week since it is not a part of our religious belief. But since my parents belong to Roman Catholic Church, my husband and I opted to just cook seafood dishes over the long weekend. Here is  my recipe for Thursday (05 April 2012):

Ingredients:

1 1/4 kilo of Maya-Maya Head
Bunch of Kamote Tops
3 pieces of medium sized eggplant (sliced)
1 radish (sliced)
1 whole native red onions (chopped)
1 whole native garlic (minced)
2 pieces of medium sized tomatoes (sliced)
thumb sized ginger (sliced)
5 cups of water
2 tbsp of rock salt
1/4 sampaloc
2 tbsp palm oil

Procedure:

1. Heat up the cooking oil.
2. Saute garlic, onions and ginger.
3. Add the fish head and tomatoes then pour water. Simmer for about 5-8 minutes.
4. Add salt and sampaloc. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
5. When the fish is already soft, place the eggplant, radish and the kamote tops.
6. Serve.

     You may also add okra and may also use kangkong instead of kamote tops depending on your taste. This recipe costs about One Hundred Pesos (Php 100.00) only. Have a happy eating!

waiting to simmer
finish product
my number 1 patronizer (my husband ^_^)




10 comments:

  1. Our religious beliefs should not affect our relationship with our family.

    Anyways, that dish is one of my favorites but I seldom cook maya-maya but whenever I do... solve na solved ang aming tyan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will agree with that.kaya nagiging sensitive na lang kami sa isat isa sa house para hindi naman maoffend sinuman :)

      Delete
  2. love this blog. I will try your recipe when my hubby comes home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you..i will be sharing more of my recipes..stay tuned! ^_^

      Delete
  3. Nice of you to respect the beliefs of your parents. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes maam...i think meeting halfway is not that difficult :) God Bless you too maam.

      Delete
  4. looks good. bagay talaga sa lenten season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you..ill be posting my good Friday recipe tonight ^_^

      Delete
  5. wow, so love this recipe, thanks for the share, we had sinigang na belly last Good Friday :)


    Why do you pray?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just followed your blog miss melandria ^_^ sinigang na belly ng bangus ba?

      Delete

Chikita