31 July 2013

Top 10 SMC Picks for Baby Skin Care {Short-Product Review}

My mommy friends and co-bloggers, Mommy G of Moomy Musings and Mommy Cj of Planevillemom and a lot of other mommy bloggers so to speak, have already shared the different baby brands they patronize and have tested when it comes to taking care of their baby's skin. So here is my share as well.

1. Tiny Buds In a Rash


This is a soothing light cream that can be used after every diaper change (ideally). On the other hand, we deviated from its normal usage. Instead of using this every diaper change, I did find out that it is even more effective in averting insect bites marks. 


This has been part of our basic load since E started visiting his tatay's camp and my office (considering the fact that army camps are commonly forested areas). It is gentle on baby's tender skin and is 100 percent made from natural ingredients in an easy-to-use dispensing bottle. More importantly, it is free from paraben, petroleum and artificial color.

More so, even my husband and I uses the product and it's really effective that the insect bites really fades fast. This only cost Php 159.00.

2. Tiny Buds Rice Powder

This rice powder is far different from those being offered and retailed in the market. It does not contain paraben and is also made from 100% real rice grains. It is made from all natural ingredients and is completely from harmful talc. If you have an active baby like mine, this rice powder is a must have.


I started letting E use the powder when he was about 8 months old since during that time, he was already getting more sweaty with all the practice walking and mini baby stunts he had been doing. Tiny Buds rice powder has an ingredient that locks up sweat first and keeps E’s skin fresh and dry from perspiration. This costs Php 99.00.


This contains high level of natural lipids to hydrate moderately dry to very dry, irritated and sensitive skin. This does not contain colourants, perfume and preservatives. The very first Physiogel Intensive Cream product that I had was just a gift that I did not bother to open until I attended the Belly Blessed Fest 2013. During the said event, a booth was allocated for Physiogel. The attendees were given sample.

Mommy G convinced me that the product is really good so the next day, I opened my sample and tried it. I often have flaky elbow skin, but with Physiogel Intensive Cream, I kiss flaky elbow skin goodbye! I am also prone with foot callus because of using shoes 9-12 hours in a day. I also tried it and made my foot sole softer! Physiogel Intensive Cream costs about Php 530.00 for 50ml size. 

4. Vandol Vitamin A

Vitamin A Vandol Ointment is a pure Vitamin A ointment that is used to prevent diaper rash, chafing, sunburn, dry skin, minor abrasions, minor burns and superficial wounds. This was the very first anti-diaper rash ointment that I used for E and eventually with A. This costs Php 160.00.

This has lavender scent which soothes, heals and protects your baby's delicate skin. All you have to do is to spritz directly onto baby's bottom and wipe to dry or wash with water. This is used at every nappy change to avoid nappy rash. I vouched that this product is a MUST when traveling (this spares the child or even us as parents to bring anti diaper rash cream which has to have cotton buds in order to be applied). 

Likewise, since it has a lavender scent, the poopy smell is eliminated aside from it protects the baby from rash. Less the hassle indeed!

BTW, this costs about Php 280.00. How long does it last? Hmmm...about three months perhaps. It is not everyday that you're on the road right? 



This contains natural colloidal oatmeal blended with rich moisturizers that soothe and help protect baby's delicate skin. The naturally nourishing, non-greasy formula absorbs quickly, moisturizes for a full 24 hours, contains no drying alcohols and won't clog pores. It’s formulated to be hypoallergenic, fragrance-free and gentle enough for daily use on baby's sensitive skin.

After every bath, I make it assure that E and A's skin are well protected. Aveeno Daily Lotion makes E and A's skin free from dryness without that sticky feeling. This can even be used during summer season.

This costs about Php 500.00 depending on the size. This is even cheaper when bought online.



Just like Aveeno Daily Lotion, Mustela is very effective in keeping baby's skin soft and well hydrated. It softens skin with the presence of shea butter. This has been one of my mommy friends (The Mommy Avenue) favourite as well. 

It is also non-greasy and penetrates baby's skin immediately making skin radiant smooth. It is easy to apply and is dermatologically tested. Likewise, its formulation is based on the combination of sweet almond oil and jojoba oil. 

The price of this product depends on the size. It is a bit pricey but its effectiveness is non-questionable.


8. Human Nature Baby Oil

It is made from 100% natural products specifically from premium-grade sunflower oil. Accordingly, massaging our babies with sunflower oil lessens the risk of developing skin infections by 41%.

I often use this baby oil before E and A takes a bath. It helps in making my babies have a thicker, fuller, soft and shiny hair. When my kids do have gas pain, I also put baby oil on their tummies which help them fart easily. This make them feel better.

This costs about Php 130.00. In the province, we often cook and make our own coconut oil which is also good. But since we are already in the modern era and not all mommies are province-based, this may serve as an alternative.



I have tried a handful of different baby and toddler wash. I even committed a crime of following what those commercial advertisements tell us. But I think everything depends on your baby's skin. Not all products that are good with other babies will have the same result with our babies.

I think Lactacyd is the fourth brand I have tried for E and A. So far, it never failed us. E is already in his "terrific 2" which makes him more active and curious. With Lactacyd Toddlertubs Bubbles, there was never a sweaty smell. 

This is also the same with A everytime she uses Lactacyd Baby Wash. A's hair is a bit fuller. But with Lactacyd Baby Wash, it's always amoy-baby!

10. Tiny Buds Sticky Wipes

Looking for a baby wipes and make-up remover in one? Tiny Buds caters you that. This sticky wipes has already been part of E and A's diaper bag/travel pack. Aside from it keeps poopy away and baby bottom fresh, it also keeps baby's skin soft and clean.

How about you mommies and daddies? What are your baby skin product picks? Share away!






8 comments:

  1. I got really interested in that Indigo Baby Bottom Spray when you and CJ were dicussing about it during the Belly Blessed Fest. I think I wanna try that, arte pa naman ni Daddy Toms sa bottom smell ni N! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mars, you what I remembered with that rant ni Toms?Yung scene nung nasa McKinley tayo..Perfect yang Bottom Spray mars for N and E lalo na sa age nila na kung anu ano na kinakain at lalong hindi kaaya aya smell ng poopy nila.hehe.Eh hindi naman everyday nagtatravel di ba?

      Delete
  2. Hi Mommy Vee! I've read Mommy Glai's post about her favorite baby skin care products a couple of weeks ago. I've yet to read Mommy Cj's post, I'll do it later. I just wanna share the products I use for my 16-month old boy.

    1. Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser - I use this to clean his face. This is also great for soothing diaper rash.
    2. J&J Milk Bath - bath time, ano pa! :)
    3. Nivea Baby Smoothy Cream - I use this to moisturize his face, body and nappy area. I actually use this to moisturize my face & body as well.
    4. Nivea Baby Milk Lotion - my baby likes this a lot. I apply this to him after bath time. Nakakatulog sya! :) It relaxes my super active toddler.
    5. Nivea Baby Oil
    6. Zwitsal Baby Powder - this is actually discontinued here in the Philippines. I stocked up on this when I was still pregnant so I still have 2 of this. I'm going to switch to Tiny Buds Rice Powder as soon as my stock runs out.
    7. Drapolene Cream - our trusted diaper rash cream
    8. As for the wet wipes, we use 2 brands: Farlin for nappy changes (also for body) & Tiny Buds Sticky Hand Wipes for his hands and face.

    That's it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use Cetaphil as well mommy and fan din ako ng drapolene. maganda ba ang Nivea baby oil mommy?kasi ang reklamo ko lang sa human nature oil, kailangan siyempre mag-order ka sa member, hirap magahanp.hehe.

      Thank you for sharing mommy!

      Delete
  3. Nivea baby oil is good. Well yung iba kasi iba yung reaction ng skin nila sa Nivea products. Hiyang sya kay baby. Gamit nya ito since nung newborn pa lang sya until now. For massages. Not sticky on skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With that mommy, I will try Nivea baby oil. Buy ako kapag nakalahti na nila E and A baby oil nila. Try ko na rin baby wash :)

      Delete
  4. Your blog is really beautiful. Your point is really good and your product. Someone would always looking for skincare products. So start taking Natural Skin Care of your skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Miss Julie...I will soon be sharing my picks for mommy skin care. :)

      Delete

Chikita