15 June 2013

Happy Fathers Day Warriors! {Greetings}

June 16, 2013 gives me a bittersweet feeling as the whole world celebrates Fathers Day while I get restricted for a month due to the exigencies of my chosen profession. I have read this special poem written by Miss Karen Marshall dedicated to all daddies and military brats. 

"A Military Child"
by Karen Marshall


Away from the home of her childhood, she marched at her Daddy's side.
For her momma chose a wide and winding road when she became a bride.
And sometimes the road was a hard one, so different from what she had planned;
And sometimes she wept for the home she had left as she lay in a foreign land;
And sometimes her steps would grow weary as she followed the drum and the horn;
But she set about making the world her home because she was military born.

Mom learned to build a hearth for them wherever her dad was sent;
And she knelt to plant a garden every time he pitched their tent.
Yes she always planted a garden though she never saw it grow,
For she knew before the flowers came that she would have to go.
But she left each garden gladly though it made her heartbeat wild,
For she hoped it might bring comfort to another military child.

To the hardships in her young sweet life she learned one simple truth,
A promise that once was spoken in the ancient words of Ruth:
"Wherever you go, I will go. Wherever you lodge, I will lodge;
Thy people shall be my people and thy God shall be my God."

She shared Dad's joys and sorrows as she lived where the military bid,
For she was proud Dad was a soldier
And she, a military kid.
_____
To my dear husband who has always been there through thick and thin; who has always been patient despite two post partum scenarios I have gone through; who has been the duty diaper changer while I took some rest from the caesarian section operation and who has always been the son and son-in-law in one whom my parents dreamed of....HAPPY FATHERS DAY Tatay....

4 comments:

  1. aww. what a nice literary piece. i'm saving this on my notepad. happy father's day pareng pangga! :) see you tom mars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga mars eh..suits as well noh?yes mars..see you!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi there!

    I have a quick question about your blog. Could you please email me when you get a chance? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ma'am.What is your email address ma'am?You may reach me at veemar78@gmail.com ma'am.

      Delete

Chikita